Working Visa

Working Visa

Australia is widely reorganized as a great destination to live and work, offering lifestyle, and employment opportunities. It is very important to note that to work, one must have a visa with proper work rights. There are many of temporary and permanent skilled visas that you can choise from. Australian government has health regulations and protection to help people in the workplace



Skilled Worker Visa


This visa was previously named the Skilled – Graduate (Temporary) visa (subclass 485). There are two streams in this visa category:


Graduate Work stream

Eligibility:  International students with an eligible qualification on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL).

Visa length:   18 months.


Post-Study Work stream

Eligibility:  International student and Her/His visa is granted on or after 5 November 2011.

Visa length:    Up to four years.  


This visa is a permanent residence visa for points-tested skilled workers.


Eligibility:  Submitexpression of interest and then be invited through SkillSelect.

Visa length: 5 years.    

Permanent resident visa being nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency.

Eligibility:  Submit expression of interest and then be invited through SkillSelect.

Visa length: 5 years    


Employer Sponsored

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme 187

A permanent residence visa for skilled workers who want to work in regional Australia.  


Nominated by an approved Australian employer for a job in regional Australia (in specified postcode areas and it does not include the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong or Melbourne)

Three streams:

1. The Temporary Residence Transition stream

Temporary Work (Skilled) (subclass 457) visa holders who have worked for visa holder’s employer in their nominated occupation for at least two years and visa holder’s employer wants to offer the visa holder a permanent position in the nominated occupation.

2.The Direct Entry stream

Those applicants who have never, or only briefly, worked in the Australian labour market temporary residents who do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition stream; or applicants with a nomination lodged with us before 1 July 2012.

3.The Agreement stream

The applicant is nominated by an employer through a labour agreement.

Visa length: Five years.  


A skilled worker onshore or offshore to work in a nominated occupation for the applicant’s approved sponsor.

Eligibility: The applicant has been sponsored by an approved business and have qualified skills to fill a position nominated by an approved business.

Visa length: Up to four years.  

This is a permanent residence visa for skilled workers such as 457 visa holder.

There are three streams:

The Temporary Residence Transition stream

Eligibility: The applicant hold a Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)  

The Direct Entry stream

Eligibility: The applicant never or only briefly, worked in Australia and has been nominated for a position under this stream (or  nominated for a position before 1 July 2012) and that nomination has been approved.

the Agreement stream.

Eligibility: The applicant has being sponsored by an employer through a labour agreement.

Visa length: 5 years.  


State or Regional Sponsored 


The Skilled-Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) is for skilled workers and their families to live, work and study in designated regional areas in Australia for four years.

There are two pathways for this visa:

The Invited Pathway

Eligibility: Nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area and nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupations list.

Visa length:  up to four years


the Extended Stay Pathway:

Eligibility: A provisional visa in subclass 475, 487, 495 or 496 holders or visa (subclass 489) holders and their family members.

Visa length: up to four years  




Header type:
Theme Colors:
Color suggestions *
* May not have full accuracy!